Find out what Springtime is up to this month!
Spring is here and so is all the excitement that comes with it. Events are piling up and we are heading out to support our local events through sponsorships and awareness.
Here are a few local events where you could enjoy the springtime season and enjoy all that Maryland has to offer!
Our Lady’s Manor Steeplechase Races – Saturday April 13th – http://www.manorraces.com/
What you need to know for the races:
- Gates open at 10 AM on Saturday, April 13th, with the first race at 1:30 PM.
- Tickets for General Admission at the gate are $60 and increase from there depending on where you would like to watch from. If you would prefer a tailgate spot on the rail, tickets are $275, and you will need to book your tickets in advance.
- Parking is limited and is included in your ticket price. Be sure to arrive with plenty of time and be aware if you require a closer parking spot, as they fill up quickly.
- You can also purchase tickets from Hess Country Spirits, Dover Saddlery, Wine Merchant, and Bradley’s Liquors.
- Helpful information can be found at http://www.manorraces.com/info and http://www.manorraces.com/how-to-attend
- The address is: 3403 Pocock Road Monkton, MD 21111
- From the Baltimore Beltway (I-695): Take I-695 to Dulaney Valley Rd. (MD 146). Take Exit 27B (Dulaney Valley Rd. north) and proceed for 4.1 miles. After the Loch Raven Reservoir bridge, bear left onto Jarrettsville Pike (MD 146). After 4.1 more miles you will go through the town of Jacksonville. Continuing north on the Jarrettsville Pike for approximately 6 more miles you will pass the Manor Racecourse on your right. Follow signs and attendants’ directions to your assigned parking.
- From I-95, North or South take Exit 74 to MD Route 152 (Mountain Rd.) heading northwest. Route 152 will dead end into MD Route 146 (Jarrettsville Pike) after approximately 10 miles. Turn left onto Jarrettsville Pike and go approximately half a mile. Follow signs and attendants’ directions to your assigned parking, which will be on your left.
- From Bel Air, MD take US 1 south to MD Route 152 (Mountain Rd.) and turn right, heading northwest. Route 152 will dead end into Route 146 (Jarrettsville Pike) after approximately 13 miles. Turn left onto Jarrettsville Pike and go approximately half a mile. Follow signs and attendants’ directions to your assigned parking, which will be on your left.
- From York, PA take I-83 South to Exit 36 (MD 439). Follow MD 439 East until it dead ends into MD Route 23 (approximately 8 miles). Turn right onto MD Route 23 and go approximately 3 miles. Make a right onto Jarrettsville Pike (MD 146) and go approximately 3 miles. Follow signs and attendants’ directions to your assigned parking, which will be on your left.
- From the North via Route 1, cross the Conowingo Bridge and continue south. The third light you come to will be Route 543. A quarter of a mile further take a right onto East-West Highway. Follow this straight for 6.7 miles crossing both Business Route 1 and Route 24. The road you are on will become Route 23. This comes to a “T” at Route 165. Turn right at the T and continue 1.2 miles into Jarrettsville. Turn left at the light and proceed 2.2 miles to the Madonna 4 way stoplight. Turn left here and go approximately 2.5 miles. Follow signs and attendants’ directions to your assigned parking which will be on your left.
What to wear:
- Comfortable shoes are a good idea, as you will be walking on grass, so stiletto heels might not be the best idea.
- Sunday casual is the preferred dress for both men and women. However, as long as you don’t look like you rolled around in mud you should be good!
- Bring a hat! You never know what the Maryland spring might bring, and with the possibility of sun you want to protect your wintered self from the harsh rays of the sun. OR if it’s freezing, keep yourself warm while battling the winter that just won’t turn to spring.
- Jackets are encouraged as mentioned above. You never know what the weather might bring.
What else you can expect at the My Lady’s Manor Steeplechase Races:
- Be ready for live bluegrass music, food vendors, and horse-themed merchandise tents.
- Lots of socializing and opportunity to meet local sponsors.
Where to stay:
- Marriott Residence Inn –https://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/bwirh-residence-inn-baltimore-hunt-valley/
- Embassy Suites –https://embassysuites3.hilton.com/en/hotels/maryland/embassy-suites-by-hilton-baltimore-hunt-valley-BALHVES/index.html
- Delta Hotel –https://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/bwidh-delta-hotels-baltimore-hunt-valley/
- Holiday Inn Express –https://www.ihg.com/holidayinnexpress/hotels/us/en/hunt-valley/balhu/hoteldetail
Where to eat:
- Manor Tavern – https://www.themanortavern.com/
- Woodfire Kitchen – http://wfkitchen.com/
- Casa Mia’s – https://www.originalcasamias.com/
- Milton Inn – https://miltoninn.com/
- Barret’s Grill – http://www.barrettsgrill.com/
Keep in mind: IN THE INTEREST OF SAFETY TO HORSES AND PEOPLE, THE FOLLOWING WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO ENTER THE RACECOURSE:
- MOUNTED SPECTATORS
- UNLEASHED DOGS
- GATORS AND GOLF CARTS (OTHER THAN THOSE IN OFFICIAL USE)
- BUSES/LARGE VANS
Just so you know: Springtime Supplements is a proud supporter of the My Lady’s Manor Steeplechase Races. We are excited to be a part of a fun and local event that brings people together to enjoy the magnificence of the horses we love.
Let us know if you are going to attend and give us a shout out if you see our banners on the finish line and in the paddocks! Also, keep an eye out for the Springtime Supplements lotus flower on the Livestream broadcast brought to you by the National Steeplechase Association and sponsored by Springtime Supplements!!!