Find out what Springtime is up to this month!
Spring is here and so is all the excitement that comes with it. Events are piling up and we are heading out to support our local events through sponsorships and awareness.
Here are a few local events where you could enjoy the springtime season and enjoy all that Maryland has to offer!
Grand National Steeplechase – The 117th Running – Saturday April 20th https://grandnationalsteeplechase.com/
What you need to know for the races:
- Race is always held on the second to last Saturday in April
- Railside – $600
Paddock – $275
Subscriber – $200
General Parking – $40
- Tickets may be purchased by mail and online beginning March 1.
Tickets may be purchased at retail locations beginning April 1.
- Places to buy tickets: Dover Saddlery, John Brown General & Butchery, The Butler Store, The Filling Station, and Wine Merchant
- Gates open at 12:00 PM
- You can bring a tent! Small (10×10) pop up tents without sidewalls are allowed and must be located directly behind the vehicle. Please be courteous to others and keep your picnic and accoutrements within this area. No grills or open flames allowed for safety reasons.
- There will be no food or drink concessions at the races so we recommend bringing a picnic with coolers of drinks and snacks.
- The address is: 2838 Butler Road, Butler, Maryland
- I-83 to west on Shawan Road for 3 miles, right on Falls Road for 3 miles, left on Butler for 1.4 miles.
What to wear:
- Comfortable shoes are a good idea, as you will be walking on grass, so stiletto heels might not be the best idea.
- Sunday casual is the preferred dress for both men and women. However, as long as you don’t look like you rolled around in mud you should be good!
- Bring a hat! You never know what the Maryland spring might bring, and with the possibility of sun you want to protect your wintered self from the harsh rays of the sun. OR if it’s freezing, keep yourself warm while battling the winter that just won’t turn to spring.
- Jackets are encouraged as mentioned above. You never know what the weather might bring.
What else you can expect at the Grand National Steeplechase:
- Join the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation for a true Maryland tradition, the 117th running of the Grand National Steeplechase. Enjoy a beautiful day in Baltimore County’s horse country with a classic picnic buffet, signature “ Southside” cocktails, live music, and the best view of the Grand National Steeplechase course. It is the perfect occasion to take in an amazing spring day and the excitement of steeplechase racing!
Where to stay:
- Marriott Residence Inn –https://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/bwirh-residence-inn-baltimore-hunt-valley/
- Embassy Suites –https://embassysuites3.hilton.com/en/hotels/maryland/embassy-suites-by-hilton-baltimore-hunt-valley-BALHVES/index.html
- Delta Hotel –https://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/bwidh-delta-hotels-baltimore-hunt-valley/
- Holiday Inn Express –https://www.ihg.com/holidayinnexpress/hotels/us/en/hunt-valley/balhu/hoteldetail
Where to eat:
- Manor Tavern – https://www.themanortavern.com/
- Woodfire Kitchen – http://wfkitchen.com/
- Casa Mia’s – https://www.originalcasamias.com/
- Milton Inn – https://miltoninn.com/
- Barret’s Grill – http://www.barrettsgrill.com/
Keep in mind: IN THE INTEREST OF SAFETY TO HORSES AND PEOPLE, THE FOLLOWING WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO ENTER THE RACECOURSE:
- MOUNTED SPECTATORS
- UNLEASHED DOGS
- GATORS AND GOLF CARTS (OTHER THAN THOSE IN OFFICIAL USE)
- BUSES/LARGE VANS
Just so you know: Springtime Supplements is a proud supporter of the Grand National Steeplechase and the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation. We are excited to be a part of a fun and local event that brings people together to enjoy the magnificence of the horses we love.
Let us know if you are going to attend and give us a shout out if you see our banners on the finish line and in the paddocks! Also, keep an eye out for the Springtime Supplements lotus flower on the Livestream broadcast brought to you by the National Steeplechase Association and sponsored by Springtime Supplements!!!